1. Schedule a dental checkup
Make an appointment with your dentist to clean your teeth and check for any issues, such as cavities or gum disease. Scheduling Regular dental checkups is important for maintaining good oral health.
During a checkup, your dentist will clean your teeth, check for cavities and signs of gum disease, and examine your mouth for any other issues. They may also take x-rays to check for problems that may not be visible during a visual exam.
Regular checkups can help detect problems early before they become more serious and harder to treat. They can also help prevent future problems by identifying and addressing issues early on.
It is generally recommended to have a dental checkup at least once every six months. Some people may need to schedule more frequent checkups depending on their oral health needs.
2. Improve your oral hygiene
Improving your oral hygiene is an essential step in maintaining a healthy smile. Here are a few tips to help improve your oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Use a soft-bristled brush and brush gently in a circular motion.
- Floss daily to remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth.
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash to kill bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or when the bristles start to fray.
3. Watch your diet
- Limit sugary and acidic foods and drinks, as they can damage tooth enamel and increase the risk of cavities. Instead, eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and calcium-rich foods to promote healthy teeth and gums.
- Chew sugarless gum after meals to help increase saliva flow and neutralize the acid.
- Avoid using tobacco products
- If you wear dentures, remove them at night and clean them daily.
A balanced diet, at-home oral hygiene, and routine dental checkups at Robstown Smiles in Robstown, Texas are the three cornerstones of maintaining a healthy mouth. Call (361) 933-0124 to reach us for the greatest dental care. Follow these suggestions to ensure that your smile is in good health as you begin the new year!