When it comes time to brushing at home, it can sometimes be a bit of a struggle with your little one. Here’s some tips to get your child excited about brushing their teeth.
Make it Fun
A great way to get your little one excited about brushing is to make brushing time fun. You can do this by:
- Choosing their favorite two-minute song and playing it while they brush
- Singing the “Happy Birthday” song twice with them while they brush
- Brushing together
- Singing and dancing while brushing together
- Play an interactive and fun video for them while they brush
Switching up your fun brushing activities from day to day is a great way to keep your child engaged and excited.
Set a Routine
It is important to make brushing time a solid part of your child’s everyday schedule; this helps your child view their oral care routine as a necessary part of everyday life, and helps them develop a positive and strong relationship with caring for their teeth early on in life.
[ Also Read: Dental Care for Your Baby ]
Providing your child with rewards for keeping up with their oral care is another great way to get them excited about brushing. You can try the following:
- Treating them to a movie or their favorite treat after a full successful week of brushing
- Set up a reward chart with stickers to track progress
- Lots of vocal praise
Best Pediatric Dentist in Robstown, Texas
For the best and most comprehensive pediatric dental treatment in Robstown, Texas, trust in Robstown Smiles. We are here to help you maintain the healthiest and most beautiful smile possible.
For more information about helping your child manage their oral health or to get scheduled for an appointment in our Robstown, Texas dental office, give us a call anytime at 361-933-0124.