The first stages of gum disease are the most important but most frequently disregarded, and they can be a significant problem. Tartar and plaque are removed from the surface of the teeth, below the gum line, and between the teeth using ultrasonic scalers. For more information about the advantages of ultrasonic scalers, keep reading.
How Does an Ultrasonic Scaler Work?
The act of scaling involves removing damaging plaque or tartar from the teeth’s surface. Scaling used to be done manually. Despite the fact that this technique is frequently successful, it can potentially harm the gum tissue and result in discomfort or suffering for the patient.
Fortunately, ultrasonic scalers swiftly and effectively remove tartar and plaque accumulation by vibrating against your teeth with high vibrational energy. A built-in sprayer on ultrasonic scalers enables the dentist or hygienist to continuously rinse the region with water to maintain it free of dirt.
Advantages of ultrasonic scaling
The following are some noteworthy advantages of ultrasonic scaling:
- Your dentist or hygienist can provide a more thorough and efficient treatment for gum disease thanks to ultrasonic scalers
- A lot less uncomfortable than the more common manual scaling technique
- Gums that are already delicate will experience less harm
- Compared to hand scalers, they effectively remove tartar
- The dentist or hygienist can clear dirt from your teeth as they operate thanks to the spray tip
- With the aid of ultrasonic scalers, surface stains can be removed, leaving the teeth whiter and more brilliant following treatment
- In the end, one of the most significant advantages of ultrasonic scalers is that they enable rapid and effective cleaning of the teeth above and below the gum line without causing any injury to the patient
Get Ultrasonic Scaling by the Top Dentist in Robstown, Texas
With the knowledge you’ve gained from this article, you may make better-informed decisions on the advantages of utilizing ultrasonic scalers to clean your teeth in the future.
Trust ROBSTOWN SMILES for the best dental care available in Robstown, Texas. Our team of experts is here to support you in keeping a radiant and healthy smile.
As the top dental clinic in Robstown, Texas, ROBSTOWN SMILES is pleased to serve the community. Call us at 361-933-0124 to make an appointment or to find out more about the services we provide.