Taking care of your teeth goes far beyond achieving a whiter smile. Here are the top reasons why dental health matters.
It has been found that the health of your heart is directly linked to the health of your mouth.
Gum disease is a bacterial infection of the gum tissues. If the infection is not treated in a timely manner and it is allowed to progress, it can potentially travel through the bloodstream and into the heart. When this occurs, the patient faces:
- Increased risk of heart attack
- Increased risk of stroke
- Endocarditis – inflamed lining of the valves and chambers of the heart
Other health conditions that have been linked to poor oral health include:
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Oral Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
How to Maintain Your Dental Health
Below are the best ways to maintain your dental health:
- Brush for two minutes twice daily
- Floss twice daily or after every meal
- Attend your dental cleaning and check up appointments as recommended
- Avoid tobacco products
- Avoid sticky or hard candies
- Avoid sodas and energy drinks
- Avoid excessive drinking of coffee, tea, and wine
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and dairy products
With the information that you have learned here, you will be well-equipped to maintain your oral health, keeping your body healthy as a whole, as well.
Best Dentist in Robstown, Texas
For the best and most comprehensive dental treatment in Robstown, Texas, trust in Robstown Smiles. We are here to help you maintain the healthiest and most beautiful smile possible with both restorative and preventative dental care.
For more information about maintaining your oral health to keep your body healthy or to get scheduled for an appointment in our Robstown, Texas dental office, give us a call anytime at 361-933-0124.
Don’t Forget to Check: 5 Reasons You Need a Night Guard